Nov 23, 2011

Less Expensive Brands - KidsYoYo

Long time no see ^^;

As I've told, brand clothes aren't my piece of cake (or my wallet's, as it is...) so what to do when there's something I just can't make myself? To turn to the less expensive "brands",  of course. These less expensive ones include places like Bodyline, FanPlusFriend and shops in TaoBao, like Rose Melody, Infanta, Dear Celine and KidsYoYo. I have ordered clothes from Bodyline and FanPlusFriend and also talked about them previously. I'm now intending to focus on TaoBao brands, starting with KidsYoYo.

As I've neither personally communicated with them nor received my order yet, this won't be a review. I'll just highlight some of my favourite pieces from them.

KidsYoYo is one of the most high-profile Chinese lolita brands. Their quality is good and prices higher than most, for example their JSK prices ranging from 45€ to 70€. (Not very expensive, but when compared to brands like Dream of Lolita or Lolita Princess with their JSK's priced 30€...)

They are also a personal favourite of mine, with their sweet-classic style and lovely colours. Here are some of my must-have-these -items:

This set of skirt, jacket and headdress is my number one love at the moment. It's a part of their Classical Violin series, available in dusty mint and dusty pink. I adore both colours, but would probably end up with this dusty mint. The jacket could be worn with regular clothing too.

This is sold out at the moment, but one can hope they'll re-stock. Luckily they usually do ^^
A coat with a cape, a beret and a muffler, also Classical Violin series. This isn't available at the moment either, at least not in pink. Oh well, wouldn't have the money anyway... But I love it to pieces!













A blouse and a skirt from Sweet Little Chocolate series. These are also available in mint and pink. I ordered the skirt in mint, a headdress and a necklace a while ago ^^ As this series is more decorated than many other of theirs, I decided to go with the skirt instead of a JSK. This way I can downplay it to everyday use with regular shoes and top. The sweets motifs on the bottom are totally adorable. I ordered two necklaces, I'm going to make other accessories with one of them and keep the other one.








This one is gorgeous. Not actually lolita (the lower hem is removable, though, so with a petticoat it's totally loliable), but a very beautiful and detailed piece anyway. I could never wear this, because grey looks horrible on me and I'm not slim enough for this kind of loose, full-lenght dress (one needs to be absolutely tiny to look good in this). But nothing can stop me from loving it!!











Now I can just wait for my Little Chocolates to arrive <3 I'll be sure to share them with you.

I also made a new layout, there are me and my friend Christina in the banner picture. How do you like the new look?

Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment