May 30, 2011

Sweets for a rainy day

Hi!

It's cold and rainy outside and I wanted something very sweet for today. So I ended up listing my favourite AP prints in my favourite colours. There are quite many of them :D These are in no particular order.

Dessert Collection: I love how this print is so simple and elegant but still very sweet compared to other prints in similar style, like Chanderier. Gold + cream can never go wrong ^^ Twinkle Ornament is also gorgeous but as it is so clearly a Christmas print...













Dreamy Dollhouse: Just adorable. I love dolls and dollhouses and all those toy bunnies are super sweet. Mint x pink, do I need to say more?














Memorial Cake: Can a print get any sweeter? I've always loved cake prints (half of my Bodylines are those) and this one is just too pretty. I'd love this even more if it was available in mint but sax blue x pink is adorable too.













Toy Parade: Just like Dreamy Dollhouse, super cute.
















Sugary Carnival: Surprise!! Or maybe not? :D The all-time favourite, who could resist carousel ponies? Simply lovely.















Fancy Melody: I love stripes, period. This print is probably my most favourite one as it is very sweet but well-balanced, not OTT, kind of modern old-school style. It was very hard do decide which one I like most, pink or red but as red x silver isn't my favourite, the pink one wins. And I love stripes.












Milky Berry: Very fresh and summery print. I love strawberries and they are just adorable here. Ice cream parfaits are also <3















Starry Night Theatre: Different from most of AP's prints as the hem is clearly divided by the curtains. Very playful print, I love playing cards -theme.














Miracle Candy: Sweets are another of my favourite themes. I'd love to make accessories for this one. Also, the stripes! The red and white ones remind me of Marianne-candies <3 I think it's a tie between this and Fancy Melody.














Cosmetics: An older one, I've always loved this. Very simple, cute and elegant. The sax blue version is also lovely, but this one is the best.
















Among these ten favourites, four are red x pink combinations. Until just now, I thought that those two colours are an absolute no-no. I still wouldn't wear them in my regular clothes but for me they seem to be a perfect combination for sweet lolita. Red gives energy and pink is, well, pink. As I don't feel comfortable wearing all pastel colours and bows and ruffles and toy prints (even though I love them), adding some red into a pastel print would be the perfect solution. It also gives more options when it comes to coordinations. We'll see, maybe one day I'll find myself owning one of these. I'll try not to, though... :D

Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment